Children & Family Ministry
Nursery care and Children’s Classes are provided on Sunday mornings for children from birth through Grade 5. We do our best to make Family Ministry a safe and welcoming place for their young children to be while families attend worship. Family Ministry is focused on assisting parents in training up a child in the things of God. Preschool (ages 2- Kindergarten) and Elementary children (grades 1-5) learn God’s Word through music and worship, Bible lessons and age-appropriate games and activities.
EVERY child (from infants to 5th grade) must check in with the Family Ministry Coordinator to receive a child(s) name tag and a parent tag. For visitors, the Family Ministry Coordinator will assist you in obtaining basic information so that we can print a nametag for your child.
Where? Children’s classrooms are located in Hearst Building, across from Lupton Auditorium. The check-in counter is located at the entrance foyer of Hearst Building.
When? 9:00 am – Classes are provided for infants-5th grade | 10:45 am – Classes are provided for infants-1st grade
Sunday Classroom Information
0-11 month: Red Class (Nursery Care)
1 year old: Purple Class (Nursery Care)
2 years old: Green Class (Casually Structured Lesson Time)
3 years old: Blue Class
4 years old: Pink Class
Kindergarten-1st Grade: Yellow Class*
2nd-5th Grade: Orange Class*
* Classes for Kindergarten–5th grade only begin after worship. We highly encourage our elementary children to worship with their families before attending class.
Teaching Process & Curriculum Information
We believe that children are a blessing and a heritage from God and are a valued part of our congregation. Our vision is for every child to know they are loved and valued as a unique person made in the image of God to glorify Him.
Each class has its own age-appropriate curriculum with a lesson plan for each week. Preschool (ages 2-5 ) and Elementary children (Kindergarten-5 grades) learn God’s Word through music and worship, scripture memorization, prayer time (A-C-T-S prayer model), Bible lessons and age-appropriate and activities.
- Green Class Curriculum: A Sure Foundation is a curriculum that is intentional about building a foundation of truth in the lives of toddlers. Toddlers will go through thirteen Bible stories that instill simple truth statements about God. The Green Class teaching time is more casually structured to help older toddlers make an easier transition into the three-year-old classes in the fall.
- Blue Class Curriculum: He Established A Testimony is a preschool Sunday School curriculum that explores God’s greatness by noting key themes found chronologically throughout the Old Testament.
- Pink Class Curriculum: He Has Spoken By His Son is a preschool Sunday School curriculum that explores God’s greatness by noting key themes found chronologically throughout the New Testament.
- Yellow Class Curriculum: The Gospel Project for Preschool takes preschoolers on a chronological journey through God’s big story—the story of redemption weaved through Scripture, from Genesis to Revelation.
- Orange Class Curriculum: The Gospel Project takes kids on a Christ-centered, chronological journey through Scripture. Kids will discover how the gospel unfolds from Genesis through Revelation.
A Word about Safety and Security
We take the safety and security of children very seriously. All children volunteers and teachers go through a background check and must undergo classroom management, CPR, and first aid training before serving in the classrooms. In every classroom, we uphold the two-adult per room rule and throughout service times, there is a Family Ministry Coordinator who oversees all the classrooms. If you have a question about our procedures, please contact Charity Riley, Family Ministry Director.