Refugee Care Team
Our team works with a refugee family originally from the Democratic Republic of Congo. The family lived for many years in refugee camps in Rwanda before arriving in the US. It is our hope that, as this ministry grows, we will form relationships with additional families.
For more information contact Nick Colavito.
To have a relationship of love and friendship with the family, to be an “extended family” to them as they rebuild their lives here in America.
To help the family become self-sufficient and successfully integrated into the community. To preserve the dignity of family members. To be reliable partners. To maintain trust and mutual respect. To be hospitable. To listen. To promote hope.
We look for ways to love and serve such as
- Help the family navigate the health care system, education system and social services.
- Help set goals and assist in achieving them.
- Assist with housing, transportation and other practical needs.
- Provide spiritual support.
- Support language learning (English classes and tutoring)
- Accompany family members to medical, dental and other appointments.
- Participate in school activities and other cultural/community activities.
- Assist with learning new technology, finance, and other systems.
- Help navigate employment and government bureaucracies.
- Partner with refugee agencies and other churches whenever possible.